And now...my first "how-to" post...
How to Crochet a Denim Rug
Material: Q hook, nine pairs of old jeans, scissors, needle and thread
1. Gather your jeans. I originally started with eight pairs, but my dad ended up finding an old pair of my brother's from the early 90's. (Yes, you read that right. This is what happens when your parents don't get rid of anything.) So, I used nine pairs in this rug.
2. Cut out the pant legs. You will need to remove the pockets and the seams.
5. When one pair of jeans has been rolled up, you are now ready to begin crocheting.
6. With a Q hook, ch 40 (or as many ch you need for the size rug you want). The entire rug is worked up in sc. Be sure to count your sc periodically to make sure you are on track! To add more yarn, sew the ends together.
7. Continue working in sc until your rug is the size you want.
The finished product:
And there you have it, folks! An upcycled, crocheted, denim rug!
This one is going to sit at the back door...and I think I'm going to bring the oval one into my classroom in the fall.
PS - These are my new shoes. Cute, no?